Two (2) Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) Positions for PhD Study
* Available at Computer Science (CS) Department, Southern Illinois
University Carbondale (SIUC).
* Standard salary ($1,500 /month) for PhD student, tuition waived.
* Desired Qualifications include:
1. Have strong motivations in purusing a PhD in CS and a research career
with a research direction of data mining, machine learning, statistical
2. Have already earned a master of science (MS) degree in the department of
maths/applied maths/computational maths/statistics, computational physics,
or in CS dept with a major of machine learning,
or in electrical and computer engineering (ECE) department with a major of
3. Have taken TOFEL/IELTS with a minimum score of 550 (paper), 213
(computer), 80 (iBT); or 6.5 (IELTS).
4. Might be asked to take GRE after entering the program (if not taken
yet) - No miminum score requirement.
* Interested students may find more information at www.cs.siu.edu/~qcheng.
To apply, please contact Dr. Cheng with a resume at email@example.com.